To better understand the performance of our Landscaper's Pro products vs. other common soil amendments and various amendment methods we are conducting a Seasonal Display Bed Amendment Trial. Planted in the Spring of 2020, we will monitor the overall performance in a functional landscape.
The trial is planted in front our Sales Office in Maple Park, IL.
Research progress is being updated at hortsoils.blogspot.com.
Seasonal Display Bed Amendment Trial
Planted Spring 2020
1. Control Bed (no amendments added) No Till
2. Control Bed (no amendments added) with Till
3. All Purpose Potting Soil Amended and Tilled
4. All Purpose Potting Soil No Till with 1" Top Dress
5. Blended Compost Amended and Tilled
6. Blended Compost No Till with 1" Top Dress
7. Mushroom Compost with Till
8. One Step with Till
9. One Step with 1" Top Dress No Till
10. Landscape Compost with Till
11. Landscape Compost with 1" Top Dress No Till
*Please note, "tilled" areas were 6" deep with a shovel
If you have any questions about trial, please feel free to contact Alexis Matesi at 630-443-5022 or Joe Hobson at 630-487-7146
Preparing seasonal display bed amendment trial.